Question
Posted by: jskr | 2007/07/27

Splitting Nails

I hope you are able to help me.

My nails have been splitting/peeling for years. I have tried everything:

- Nail Hardener
- Various paint on treatments
- Rub in oil (as suggested by a nail technician)
- Hair, Skin & Nail Vitamins
- I wear gloves when clening/washing dishes, etc.

None of the above have stopped, o even improved the problem, and I therfore constantly walk around with short ugly nails.

Someone suggested that I might be lacking in Iron, but I take a multi vitamin containing 10mg Iron.

Is this enough Iron? What else could be the cause of this condition, and what suggestions do you have for the improvement of it?

Thank You

Dear JSKR

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you consult a Dermatologist, in order to exclude a pathological reasons for your splitting nails, i.e. Psoriasis, chronic fungal infection and even arthritis. He/she will do nail clippings, in order to exclude chronic fungal infection.

Kind regards