Question
Posted by: Heather | 2007/05/28

Split personality

My sister has recently got involded with a guy who was in the ministry. He told her he left as his ex wife had a drinking problem. We now find out that he had an affair and had to leave. The problem is that there seems to be something wrong mentaly. H e does not want to buy food and is happy to have a slice of toast. His cloths are falling apart and he will not use the shampoo she buys, but uses soap. He wears his clothes the whole week and when she puts the stuff in the laundry basket, he takes it out. It seems as if he wants to punish her. He keeps telling her she is of the world, and constantly has a dig at her. He is sometimes is so nasty yet there is times he is so compasionate. It seems like he wants to punish himself and the things he does is weird. There were two graveyard vases on the pillars at the gate. My sister asked him where they came from and he told her his ex wive stole them from the graveyard. As a ex minister, he should know not to steal from the dead. I do not know if he has bi-polar or some other illness that makes him like this. I really want my sister out of this relationship.

SOunds like's a seriously disorganized and possibly really disturbed person. How did she allow herself to become "involved" with such a guy, knowing so little about him ? I don't know what sort of church he was minister of, but maybe they would know more about what might be wrong with him. He could have any of a variety of illnesses, including schizophrenia, or he might just be a very eccentric individual. HE needs a proper assessment and advice based on the findings of that, though I'd guess that he would not think this necessary. Your sister is unlikely to gain any joy from this relationship, but sher may also be unwilling to hear such advice

1
Posted by: 2beme | 2007/05/28

Dear Heather
I dont know if there is a word for this type of behaviour but SIC comes to mind. ]
Jokes aside he really is not well and somehow i think there is more to this story than meets the eye. Something does not add up here

Reply to 2beme