Question
Posted by: Cannonaire | 2004/10/15

Splintered round finger nails

The skin around my finger nails has tiny little later tears. Sometimes the tear foes right up to the cutical in which case there would be no cutical between the skin and the nail. I have tired moisurizing but I don't think it works at all.

Cannonaire, it sounds like you might have a form of eczema caused by exposure to chemicals of some sort (even repeated exposure to water can cause it). It might also be a superficial infection (fungal or bacterial) and the best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.