Question
Posted by: JACQUES | 2004/11/12

SPIT IN EYE

Hi Doc, I frequently drink with friends in pubs and at times get their spittle in my eyes since we always have to talk loud and near, due to the noise levels. Do you suggest going for a test since the HIV virus may have come into contact with the mucuous membrane in my eyes, if someone had bitten their tongues or the insides of their mouths (and it bleeds) while chewing on the ubiquitious bar snacks? I know this sounds rather far-fetched, but in business, this is something I have to constantly live through and the fact that some of my associates are often very sexually "adventurous" does nothing to ease my mind. Would really appreciate your kind advice and also how much of blood is needed in the eye for transmission, many thanks.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

I do not think that they have tested this to determine how much blood is needed to infect you and although it is theoretically possible to get infected with blood in your eye. this is really a bit far-fetched. If you are worried I would suggest that you do not sit so close to your friends.

5
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/15

He's not a mampara... he's an idiot! Probably is HIV+ and now is looking for an excuse to tell his partner!

Reply to Inc
Posted by: (0) | 2004/11/12

Be happy that they did'nt spit you in the p*&h*l area

Reply to (0)
Posted by: Zuki | 2004/11/12

I guess it obvious. I would like to award JACQUES as the official MAMPARA of the week.
It think he will also be take the award for the month as well.
HEY hey hey hey hey hey hey.

Reply to Zuki
Posted by: Thla | 2004/11/12

You are right Selllo that was nonsense

Reply to Thla
Posted by: Sello | 2004/11/12

Can you prove that you are HIV negative? Stop this nonsense - if you have a history of unprotective sex or blood transfusion go and get tested and forget about the spitting cobra.

Reply to Sello