Question
Posted by: kc | 2007/07/20

spinning

Im really trying to loose my last 4 kg's (to reach my goal weight), is spinning a good way to loose weight. I really enjoy being in a class, motivated by the people around me, but is it the best exercise to loose weight, especially around my bum and thighs?

Hi Kc
Yes, spinning is great. And it’s made even more great by the fact that you really enjoy it, that makes it the best. It sounds like an over-simplification, but the best exercise is the one you do. If I said to you that running is a better option, but you hated running, would you do it? Probably not, and that means that your first criteria for judging your exercise is whether you enjoy it, since that determines whether you’ll do it. Remember, it’s vital that you are consistent, patient and committed. You need three or four days a week (they don’t all have to be spinning), for a good long period (one month won’t do it), and just stick with it.