Posted by: CHARMAINE | 2009/04/14

Spinal rehab centres-Durbanville area

My father-in-law, currently at UCT Private Academic hospital, will soon be discharged, and we need to put him in a rehab facility.
He has been in hospital for 5 months, he was in an accident, which resulted in 3 crushed vertabrea, he is now paralysed from
his waist down. He also has a permanent catheter and a coloscomy
bag. Still needs to be turned every 3 hrs, as he had a severe beadsore, which was repaired thrice.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHandicap Expert


I suggest that you contact the QuadPara Association of Western Cape (QAWC), as they will be able to assist you. Their details are as follows:

PO Box 729, Durbanville 7551
Tel: 021 975 6078 Fax: 021 975 5604


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.