Question
Posted by: JR | 2004/02/23

spinal injury

I injured my lower back playing rugby a number of years ago.

I have since had two surgeries to the spine.

My back is detereorating at an allarming rate and the specialist has said that he does not want to operate as there is only a 50/50 chance of success. The problem is that I am now in constant pain, especially in the neck which is causing migraine headaches.

What if anything can be done for me with regard to physiotherapy

Expert ImageArchive

HI JR
What I would suggest is that you either get yourself involved in something like yoga or pilates so you can strengthen the supporting muscles, or find a physio who is also trained in kinesiology, and they should be able to help you a great deal.

Douglas