Question
Posted by: rinie | 2006/11/01

spinal cord injury

I was badly injured on my spinal cord that i have become a T8 Paraplegia.I have weakness on my lower limbs and cant walk. The doctos say my lower nerves were damaged so how can they be healed because they can be healed. Which tablets or medicine do you think i can use for my nerves and where do i find it? And tablets for blood circulation please i know they are there. Or refer me to someone who can help me, i am very desperate. Please do help me.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Rinie
If you had a spinal cord injury, you are probably in the hands of very capable doctors. I think you need to talk to the one you feel most comfortable with and discuss your situation with him/her to find out exactly to what extent your injuries were. Severed nerves cannot be healed by taking special foods or supplements, but a healthy diet rich in vitamins, minerals and protein will certainly help you to remain healthy as one is more susceptible to bladder infections etc - I am sure this has been discussed with you, but you can always ask for a second opinion from someone else. I have also added the names of some books and the address for the spinal cord injury association.
I hope you can use the information you find here.
Reeve, Christopher. Still Me. New York: Random House, 1998.
Senelick, Richard C., and Karla Dougherty. The Healthsouth Spinal Cord Injury Handbook for Patients and Their Families. Birmingham, AL: Healthsouth Corporation, 1998.
Williams, Margie. Journey to Well: Learning to Live After Spinal Cord Injury. Newcastle, CA: Altarfire Publishing, 1998.
Organizations
The National Spinal Cord Injury Association. 8300 Colesville Road, Silver Springs, MD 20910. (301) 588–6959. wwwdoterolsdotcom/nscia.