Question
Posted by: AJA | 2007/12/14

SPINAL BLOCK

I had a spinal block (the one that's only one injection with no tubes or anything) with my C-Section. Anethetist told me that if your blood pressure drop sharply as mine did it is a very good sign that the block is working correctly. Just as soon as baby was born and they started to stitch I started to shivver and shake uncontrolably - very heavy. Deep breaths, trying to keep my mind focused - nothing worked and the shaking only subsided after about two hours in the recovery room. What causes this - I want another baby (want to be awake for the birth) but do not want to go through this again.

It is one of the side effects that sometimes occurs. As your blood vessels dilate, this causes you to feel cold and shiver. There isn't really a way of telling whether this will happen again or not.