Question
Posted by: Kate | 2004/10/25

Spiked drink?

I am really quite bothered and scared about this. On Friday lunchtime I went out for drinks with some friends. I had 3 and a half glasses of wine, one shooter and some snacky things to eat eat. That much wine is really not too much for me, it is my usual amount. Literally from one minute to the next about 3 hours later I was completely finished. I could not hold my head up straight. My boyfriend had to come and fetch me and he said I was totally out of it. I don't remember a thing, until I got into the car. I was as sick as a dog, and therafter I was aggresive and really ugly for a few hours. I don't remember a thing about that either. I am 36 years old I have not had this scary thing happen to me before. Is it possible that someone put something in my drink?? How would I be able to check or have myself tested? It was really so bad and took me the entire weekend to recover from feeling nauseous, shaky and awful.

Kate, it might be due to a spiked drink, but I can’t say for sure. What did the people that were with you say? Did you get drunk gradually or did you become like that all of a sudden? It might be that someone slipped something in your drink in an attempt to rape you, so if everyone agrees that there was something fishy going on, please let the people at the bar know. They will keep an eye out for whoever it was and let the police know. Good luck.