Posted by: Cindy | 2009/05/16

Spider bite


I think I got bitten on my calf by a spider. I woke up on Friday and there was a big itchy bump... I didn' t scratch it but my sock might have irritated it. By Friday evening it had two blisters. I didn' t kno what to do so I popped them, put germolene on them and wrapped them up. Today the blisters are even bigger. How long should I wait before I go to the doctor?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you consult a doctor as soon as possible to have a MC&S of the discharge done.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Sandy | 2009/05/17

You have probably developed an allergic reaction to the spider bite and would need an antihistamine prescribed for you. Do not leave it for too long as the wound may become septic. So please see your doctor as soon as possible.
Get well soon!

Reply to Sandy

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.