Question
Posted by: Me | 2007/12/13

Spider Bite

Hi Dr,

I have what appears to be a spider bite on my big toe. I noticed this two days ago. Last night i noticed a blotchy rash going up both my legs. Its still there today but whats worrying me is the fact that when i get up to walk my legs are extremely stiff and tight and it feels as though all my muscles are cramping....Is it just coincidence or could it be related to the bite.

Thanks so much for your time

Dear Me
It could be related to the bite. If you have swollen glands in your groins, and still the red blotchiness on your legs, you may need an antibiotic as the bite could have caused inflammation in the lymph glands.
dr Bets