Question
Posted by: Worried x 2 | 2007/03/22

Sperm Viscosity too thick

I am 30 years old and did a progesterone blood test and it was found that I do not ovulate and have a count of 0.5. I will start Clomid during April 2007.

My husband recently had a sperm analysis done. His results were normal with the exception of viscosity/thickness of the sperm which is too thick & gel-like. The Gynae suggested he also gets an opinion from an Urologist.

Is there anything he can do in the meantime, any supplements he can take to change the gel-like viscosity? Will we be able to fall pregnant?

Thank you in advance.

Dear Worried x2

Thick viscoscity is not always a problem. We have found that using Bisolvin Linctus (cough mixture) to be helpful in some patients.