Question
Posted by: Worried times 2 | 2007/03/23

Sperm viscosity

I am 30 years old and my cycles vary between 25 and 30 days. I did a 21 day progesterone blood test and it was found that I do not ovulate and have a count of 0.5. I will start Clomid during April 2007.

My husband recently had a sperm analysis done. His results were normal with the exception of viscosity/thickness of the sperm which is too thick & gel-like. The Gynae suggested he also gets an opinion from an Urologist.

Is there anything he can do in the meantime, any supplements he can take to change the gel-like viscosity? Will we be able to fall pregnant?

Thank you in advance.

Viscosity alone should not be a probelm. See what the urologist says, but I don't think it should be a major problem.