Question
Posted by: Ammi | 2005/07/22

Sperm & malaria

My husband had malaria a few months ago. We are trying to conceive. How does malaria affect sperm?

I am not sure how malaria affects sperm but the sperm are renewed every 3 months, so it would not be a longstanding effect.

1
Posted by: Sparks | 2005/07/22

Hi Ammi

I don't know if malaria affects sperm but considering the population in Africa and number of cases of malaria it doesn't appear to. But even if it did at the time your hubby had malaria the sperm renews itself every 72 days so all should be OK again now.

Maybe someone else will have a more informed answer for you.

Sparks

Reply to Sparks