Question
Posted by: Kaled | 2007/05/31

Sperm life span

I would like to kow how long (days) will the sperm survive inside the female body?

48- 72 hours on average.

5

You can determine your ovulation by your cycle days. Ovulation occurs anywhere between day 8 to day 16 of your cycle depending on the lenght of your cycle. If however you want to have a baby you can always buy an ovulation kit at the pharmacy to help you determine the exact date of ovulation.. Good Luck

Posted by: Molly | 2007/05/31

Be careful, if you want to avoid falling pregnant, I read in a gyno book that sperm can live up to 10 days inside your body. I'm not shure if they loose energy, but I doubt it. Your egg-cell can only survive for 48 hours. If you are trying to have a baby, just have sex as often as possible, since it's not always that easy to determine when you are going to ovulate. Taking your temperature every day and all that Jazz might help a bit.

Reply to Molly

Sperm last between 3 and 5 days... But its best to work on three days. So you should have sex three days before ovulation and on the day of ovulation to ensure that you will fall pregnant.. Good luck!! Sperm is designed to wait for the egg and can live for 3 days in good condition.

Posted by: Kaled | 2007/05/31

So if I am close to my ovulation date; Even if I make love 10 days before my ovulation the sperm will surive? Do they loose energy when they are 3-5 days old?

Reply to Kaled
Posted by: me | 2007/05/31

apparently up to 5 days.

Reply to me