Question
Posted by: Sana | 2004/02/25

sperm count - do u have to ejaculate

we r trying to have a baby and its taking 4 ever, my hubby has been called in for a sperm count and he is really embarassed to stand there and ejaculate on his own. does he have to ejaculate or do they just test his urine.....pls help

He has to ejaculate. This may be easier in the privacy of your home, but it has to get to the laboratory within an hour.

1
Posted by: al | 2004/02/25

He has to ejaculate into a small specimen container. This can be done at the lab in a private room or you can produce the specimen at home and take it to the lab for analysis provided that is taken to the lab within 30 minutes. If he is embarassed about producing it in the lab then stop by the lab and pick up an empty specimen container for you to take home. I produced mine at home and took the specimen to the lab within 30 minutes. Find out where the nearest lab is to your home and you can plan in advance about how long it will take you to reach there. Good luck

Reply to al