Posted by: NS | 2009/08/20

Sperm Count

Just want to know where my husband can go to get a sperm count done and the mobility on his sperm?? Or can he go to a normal GP where there is a lancet laboratory?
Please advise

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear NS

You can have a sperm count done by any fertility unit or most of the big laboratories should offer a sperm count facility such as Ampath or Lancet laboratories.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Penny for my thought | 2009/08/25

you would want to try a Lab / Fert. doc that' s not further than 45 minutes from your house, as this is the deadline you' ll be given to get the sperm there, if you' re doing it from home. The way you' re giving a sperm sample is preferable to how you would naturally do it ie. doing it at home as opposed to the doctor' s office. also have a 3 day build up (2 day old sperm is too new, and 3 day old sperm starts dying off). You might want to recheck your lifestyle, as the swimmer you' re ejaculating today is the product of your lifestyle 3 months ago. Note medical aid also doesn' t cover this procedure, although it' s roughly priced at around R 600.00. Good luck, it really aint'  that weird.

Reply to Penny for my thought

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.