Posted by: Please help | 2007/06/06


I have been diagnosed in March with PCOS. I already done 2 rounds of Clomihexal, and still not pregnant. I have only one round left. My first question is: Where can my husband go for a sperm count? Is such a test done by a general doctor or a gynae or some place like pathcare? Please help because we have no idea were to start. We are living in Somerset West, Cape Town. My second question is that once I have finished the 3rd round of Clomihexal, and stil not pregnant, where to from there? Do i need to go back to the gynae?
Hope to hear from you soon and thanks for the help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Please help

Most laboratories will do a semen analysis. Your GP can arrange for a spermiogram to be done at a reputed lab in your area.
I would advice you to avoid using fertility ovulation induction drugs such as clomihecal until the semen analysis is done. Once the results are available further APPROPRIATE treatment can be planned.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: mb | 2007/06/06

u need a doc to ask for the sperm test to be done and then go to the lab-that does sperm analysis-not all do it-i had the same problem and after 3mnths nothing-got hubby test done-he has low morphology but normal count-we on diet and exercise plan and multivitamins-staminogro and zinc,gonna wait 3mnths-if no improvmnt in sperm quality goin for iui-this will probly be the same route for u.....g'luck

Reply to mb

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.