Question
Posted by: Please help | 2007/06/06

SPERM COUNT

I have been diagnosed in March with PCOS. I already done 2 rounds of Clomihexal, and still not pregnant. I have only one round left. My first question is: Where can my husband go for a sperm count? Is such a test done by a general doctor or a gynae or some place like pathcare? Please help because we have no idea were to start. We are living in Somerset West, Cape Town. My second question is that once I have finished the 3rd round of Clomihexal, and stil not pregnant, where to from there? Do i need to go back to the gynae?
Hope to hear from you soon and thanks for the help.

Dear Please help

Most laboratories will do a semen analysis. Your GP can arrange for a spermiogram to be done at a reputed lab in your area.
I would advice you to avoid using fertility ovulation induction drugs such as clomihecal until the semen analysis is done. Once the results are available further APPROPRIATE treatment can be planned.

1
Posted by: mb | 2007/06/06

u need a doc to ask for the sperm test to be done and then go to the lab-that does sperm analysis-not all do it-i had the same problem and after 3mnths nothing-got hubby test done-he has low morphology but normal count-we on diet and exercise plan and multivitamins-staminogro and zinc,gonna wait 3mnths-if no improvmnt in sperm quality goin for iui-this will probly be the same route for u.....g'luck

Reply to mb