Question
Posted by: fourstar | 2007/07/25

Sperm anti-bodies in my mucus

If I have sperm antibodies in my cervical mucus, is there anything I can do to improve this?
In January we had a post-coital test, where no sperm were visible. I then had a 6-day course of hormones(cannot remember which) after which we could see some sperm, but still very little. We tried AI which was unsuccessful, but I cannot see how this could work if the sperm cannot survive in the mucus. We are now due to try IVF.
Any advice?
Tx

Dear Fourstar

The correct treatment remains IUI and it will work since sperm is deposited above the cervical mucous barrier and will therefore be unaffected.