Posted by: Blondie | 2005/12/12

Sperm analysis

Good morning,

Please tell me, how/ where does one make an appointment to go for a sperm analysis ??

Do I have to go with my wife to see the Gyneo so that he can refer me to someone for the sperm analysis ??

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Blondie

Most laboratories and fertility centres perform spermiograms. It is not necessary to go via your wifes doctor although it would be important for him or a urologist or fertility specialist to assess the result.
Before going for a spermiogram you need to confirm with the laboratory whether an appointment is necessary or not.
Also, you must remember to abstain from intercourse/ejaculation for three days prior to the analysis.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: HK | 2005/12/12

You can go via your wife's doctor to any pathology lab (AMPATH, LANCET) and request a sperm test to be done. The results will be sent to your wife's doctor.

Reply to HK

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.