Question
Posted by: Blondie | 2005/12/12

Sperm analysis

Good morning,

Please tell me, how/ where does one make an appointment to go for a sperm analysis ??

Do I have to go with my wife to see the Gyneo so that he can refer me to someone for the sperm analysis ??

Dear Blondie

Most laboratories and fertility centres perform spermiograms. It is not necessary to go via your wifes doctor although it would be important for him or a urologist or fertility specialist to assess the result.
Before going for a spermiogram you need to confirm with the laboratory whether an appointment is necessary or not.
Also, you must remember to abstain from intercourse/ejaculation for three days prior to the analysis.

1
Posted by: HK | 2005/12/12

You can go via your wife's doctor to any pathology lab (AMPATH, LANCET) and request a sperm test to be done. The results will be sent to your wife's doctor.

Reply to HK