Question
Posted by: Gauteng guy | 2007/03/01

Speedo still OK?

Hi guys especially folks in Cape Town, I'm coming down to your incredible city in a few days' time for a holiday and just want to check out where to go and the beach scene, speedo or square-cut shorts or baggies? What's IN? I’m hoping it isn't baggies as I've been slaving in the gym for 8 months to get into shape. Also is Clifton still so great, Sandy Bay still so easy and The Point gym still so blatant? And what's the club scene like? I also need accommodation - a bb or guest-house so suggestions will be welcome

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Gauteng Guy, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting here. And welcome to Cape Town!

A speedo is a classic but while you're here visit FMO (For Men Only) in Sea Point for an incredible range of beach gear and underwear - many imported ranges and they'll be able to guide you. Yes-Yes-Yes to your first three questions, and in terms of clubs get yourself to Cruise (something between a bar and a club). There are countless gay bb's in town - contact Cape Town Tourism (look them up in the telephone directory)

3
Posted by: Spiderman | 2007/03/05

Hi Gauteng guy Cape Town is a great place!
...i enjoy staying here!

Clifton 3de beach is nice and gay -(cute guys)
Bronx and Cruz (in somerset road) is gay and a nice gay restuarant is Manhattens (i'd like to call it the gay spur)

All 3 places are within walking distance from eachother.

Reply to Spiderman
Posted by: Joe | 2007/03/02

Hey Mario, a bit drastic response hey? His email refer to blatantly open gym not to picking up men there!!!!! But you are right keep the gym for the intended reason it was buildt for.

Just do a general search on gay friendly bb's in Cape Town. There are many. My favourite is 17 on Loader Guest House - BEST VALUE FOR MONEY - nearby all the lekker clubs

Reply to Joe
Posted by: Mario | 2007/03/02

Why do you ask if you can wear a speedo or baggy's? Its what you feel comfortable in and not too impress other people or "sell" yourself. You can pick someone up in any gym in SA, not just greenpoint. Do you wanna go to gym to workout or pick up men? Rather go too hothouse if you wanna pick up men and leave gym/beaches for the people who are using it for the right reasons please.

Common man, you are more worth than that.

Reply to Mario