Question
Posted by: Vonzonono | 2004/10/01

spectacles

I've realised that we dont have an optometrist on this site so i decided to direct this question to you.

I had an eye test yesterday and was told that i am short sited. My left eye is +35 and my right eye is +25. what i need to know is it really necessary to wear spectacles? My optometrist told me that I am SLIGHTLY short sited.

the fact that Im slightly short sited, gives me the impression that i'll be waisting money over something that is not necessary.

Vonzonono, I have no idea what +35 and +25 means, because to me it sounds like you very bad eyes and apparently that’s not the case. I suppose it all depends on whether you have difficulty in seeing things far away, whether you get headaches and whether you have red eyes most of the time. If you don’t, I suppose it is safe to say that you don’t need to wear glasses. The other option would of course to get a second opinion. Good luck.