Question
Posted by: Laura | 2004/11/05

Special event - missing a period

I know that you plan it so as to miss your period if you are on the pill. There is a special event on in a couple of months and I really want to make sure that I will not be menstruating at that time. I have never been on the pill before. Is it difficult to control? Do I need to go to a doctor to make sure I get it right?
Thanx

You can get Provera tablets from your doctor. Start taking them a week before your period is due until you want to have your period. It will start within a few days of stopping the tablets. They can cause nausea and breast tenderness though.