Question
Posted by: Not Sure | 2004/01/29

Special Diet with kidneystones

I would just like to know if there is a special diet I can follow, or what to eat and drink and what NOT! I am 22 and have had 3 kidney stones since I was +- 17 - they say it is "calsiumoksolaat" stones. Any advice please!?
Thanx

Dear Reader
It is always a good idea to consult a clinical dietitian when one has a more complicated condition, because the dietitian will have to work out a specific diet which takes all your individual factors into account (age, weight, overweight, activity, type of medication, type of kidney stones, etc). Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area.