Posted by: Advice seeker | 2009/05/13

Spastic colon diet

I' m 21 and I have a really bad spastic colon. And over recent years I have become lactose intolerant even though I love my dairy. The main dairy product that affects me is milk. If I have milk everyday my tummy works and pains terribly. I was wondering where can I get a spastic colon diet? I saw on the internet that there' s so much I can' t eat, so was wondering where to get a proper diet for spastic colons as I feel I am doing damage to my insides. I always have pains on the left side of my stomach. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Advice Seeker
Because you have a spastic colon or irritable bowel disease, and also seem to have developed milk intolerance, I would urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out a diet prescription for you that takes both conditions into account, which is not something that one can do over the Internet.
So see a dietitian ASAP
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.