Question
Posted by: McMom | 2005/07/04

Spastic Colon?

I have been suffering for years of a spastic colon. I read an article on the internet regading IBS and this seem to confirm my suspicion that it is not my problem as I have never felt any relieve from taking the medication given to me.

Two things in the article - reviewed by Prof Don du Toit (M.B.Ch.B) (D.Phil.) (Ph.D) (FCS) (FRCS). - states that the pains normally occur on the left side of the body and the second statement is that the pains never occur whilst asleep.

I only get my pain attacks on my right hand side while I am sleeping. I have never had a pain attack whilst I am awake.

When I start gettting the pain, it starts with harrible cramps in my anus, then the pain starts under my liver area. I can not consume anything as the pain get worse. The only way to relieve the pain is to make myself vomit (empty my stomache)

I had a nephrectomy of my right kidney and it sometimes feels like my kidney is still there, although these paisn started before my kidney problem.

Whenever I go for a sonar, my gall bladder, liver shows there are no problems.

Could there be any other reason for my pain. These accute pains started about 6 months after my second ceasarean.

McMom, your pains may definitely be due to something other than IBS and the best would be to see a gastroenterologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.