Question
Posted by: lulu | 2010/10/14

spasm in tummy and head

dr please can you advise..quite often i get a spasm on my left front of the tummy just under the breast. it is not a pain - definately a spasm and when massaged it tends to be relieved. what is in that space. it particularly appears when i lay down and i always lay on my left side. also i tend to get these weird pulling spasm like feelings on the top of my head. mainly on the left hand side of the head but they come and go. the feeling is hard to explain because its not sore as such but more uncomfortable. thanks lulu

Hallo Lulu
It could be a spasm of the colon or even of the muscles of the stomach. You will be able to feel a stomach muscle spasm just under the skin, while a colon spasm will be felt more deeply. Calsium and Magnesium supplements may help for muscle spasms. It may be worth your while to see a physiotherapist to check if your back muscles are very tense as this could cause both the feeling on the head as well as the feeling on your stomach.
dR Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/14

Hallo Lulu
dR Bets