Question
Posted by: ARI | 2007/08/14

SPASM

I am a C% quadriplegic (accident 22 years ago) and get bad spasm in my stomach area that creates a ballooning effect on the right side of my stomach, these spasm happen often and poften restrict breathing and shoot me to one side. Any ideas where o start looking for the problem. I have no UTI, no pressure sores, no kodney stone, no colon problems, no kidney problems, checked them all.

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Dear Ari

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, spasms are part of every day life, when you have a high spinal cord injury. I would suggest that you take Valuim 5mg tablets, twice daily, as well as Neurontin 300mg, twice daily. This should eleviate your symptoms, seeing that there are no other pathological reasons for the spasms. Your GP will be able to provide you with a prescription.

Kind regards