Posted by: syrrano | 2008/06/26

Spaced out, Dizzy and Fatigued

A bit more than a year ago I started getting dizzy spells. Since then I have felt spaced out/lightheaded most of the time. It is generally mild and I can still function but lately I have been feeling lethargic. About two months ago I started feeling fatigued. I wake up feeling just as tired as when I went to bed, and my eyelids are always heavy. I thought it may be an iron deficiency so I have been taking vitamin c and iron supplements daily for the last two weeks as well as a supplement containing B12. I have tested my blood sugar and it's normal, and my BP is also normal. I also find myself taking deeper breaths intermittently. Could an iron deficiency cause the spaced out feeling? And how long would it usually take for the red blood cells to normalise after an iron deficiency?

Dear Syrrano
You probably need a full medical check up - have your iron levels tested but also thyroid hormone. Your heart, lungs and Kidneys also need to be evaluated. Iron deficiency takes about a month to increase 1 point with iron tablets (HB of 12 is normal)

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/26

.hi recently i have been having alot of dizzy spellls ..and shortness of breath ,Feeling of choking ,Chest pain ,Nausea , unsteady, lightheaded, n faint. it has goten worse recently after i fainted and was passed out for about 3-4 mins.i have been for a full blood count n my results came back normal.what could be the cause of me feeling light headed n tired al the time