Question
Posted by: Shell | 2007/11/30

Soy Milk

Hi Diet Doc!

I started my 14 month old on soy milk as he has reflux which is triggered by dairy.

I prefer to buy the organic soy milk in the carton from Woolies, but they always seem to have stock problems. When chosing an alternative Im not sure what to look for. I can get it in powdered form and also in different brands in similar cartons but not sure whats best. Are there additives I should be avoiding or anything I should be weary of? Is there good and bad quality soy?

A huge thanks in advance.

Dear Shell
Generally the long-life soya milks that are available at supermarkets besides Woolworths are also perfectly good to use and they should not contain preservatives because they are preserved by the long-life process. So use the organic soy milk from Woolies when available and the other products when not.