Question
Posted by: blompot | 2005/12/08

sour grapes

I have recently resigned after receiving a brilliant offer at an opposition company. My starting to job hunt was very much motivated on poor HR policies and practices and the powers that be just having no integrity what so ever. 2 work colleagues before me went the same route because of all the politics and favouritism (long story). And I can now feel how tough their last month was.

Its shit that you feel passion for what you do but feel you had to leave because staying is condoning all the bad things in a way. You work your arms to the elbow – long hours, early mornings – jumping in when others need help – and then you resign and the MD cant even acknowledge it.

I look forward to my new position – it’s challenging and exiting and defiantly a positive for my Career Development. But at the moment I feel so angry at the things happening here, not only to me but others too, I actually feel I want to just close the door and bawl my eyes out.

best of luck with the new job --- clearly the old company doesn't deserve you, or any other good worker. And don't let them upset you, as that is what they are wanting to achieve, apparently ---annoy the heck out of them by being cheerful and happy throughout this last month with them

10
Posted by: blowersdaughter. | 2005/12/08

oneday i'm also gonna be able to say like you people say :
stuff the job if its killing your soul.
oneday, but not yet, and that day. Oh God. that day is gonna be GREAT.

Reply to blowersdaughter.
Posted by: Kate | 2005/12/08

rather dont.......i think you will fall on your back and probably would'nt believe me......

Reply to Kate
Posted by: blompot | 2005/12/08

I almost asked if you work for the Group I work for - as the have different divisions ext...but I wont...

Happy job hunting

Reply to blompot
Posted by: Kate | 2005/12/08

know exactly how you feel........come and work for MY company and then you will REALLY know how kak it is - Management treat you like crap and only those that lick/kiss ass get anywhere - i refuse to sell my soul, therefore either have to find another job or get nowhere in the company.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Kate | 2005/12/08

Reply to Kate
Posted by: blompot | 2005/12/08

Luckily I will be in the same industry so I'm still following my passion.

Hey - I see allot of new beginnings in my "fogged up crystal ball"

Good luck 2 u 2

Reply to blompot
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/08

You're on the right track Blompot. Well said. i agree with you. It is sad though that your passion is killed by kak politics etc. I'm in a similar position, and leaving my work at the end of this month. Stuff the job security, its killing my soul.

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/08

Brilliantly summarized there.... and always remember! If it doesn't kill you blompot...... IT WILL MAKE YOU STRONGER!

Reply to Pencil
Posted by: Blompot | 2005/12/08

I think the lesson for 2005 (actually for life) is that its no good staying in situation when it does not bring out the best in you – be it work or relationships. And we do have the power to change it,. And to say you made the right choice is not to say it won’t hurt. So maybe a bit of patience – this too will pass.

Reply to Blompot
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/08

I can imagine what you must be going through. Can't be easy - we spend so much time, effort, emotion, energy on our jobs - most of the time not getting the recognition we need, and the office politics, favouritism etc plays a big role in our happiness... I wish you all the very best for the new job. I think you've done the right thing. Life is too short, blompot. Go for it - all the best of luck for your move and the new challenges!!

Reply to Pencil