Question
Posted by: Elz | 2007/03/13

Sorry for this question doc

Hi doc

First let me say that I love my fruit and vegetables, and no shake can ever replace my meals. I indulge in one whey shake after stregth training in the mornings which provided me with 23g of protein, but other than that, I like to eat my calories. That been said, I've been introduced to herbalife (I know you're sick of the name ;-), but after analyzing their shake labels, find them to be too expensive (5 times more expensive than my current shake) and provide much less protein than the shake I'm using at the moment, so it's not for me. What I would like to know from you though, is..., do you believe their claims with regards to herbal benefits, such as "Fibre and Herb" containing 294mg of dietary fibre; "Cell Activator" containing Chlorella algae powder, malic acid, shtake mushroom etc; or "RoseOx" containing 620mg rose ox, turmeric, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, sage and clover. I do purchase vitamin and mineral supplements, and if theirs is better and has added benefits I'd like to give them a go, but would first like your view? I like the idea of broccoli and cauliflower in my pills :-) Thank you.

Dear Elz
I am personally not enthusiastic about these herbal mixtures, because there is as yet not enough hard scientific evidence to prove that any of these ingredients do what they are purported to do. Why don't you just stick to your less expensive shake to provide your with the 23g of protein and eat broccoli and cauliflower and mushrooms at another meal? And 294 mg of dietary fibre is so very little that it will make no difference to your daily fibre intake. In addition, none of these ingredients like the Chlorella algae, etc, have proven slimming properties or proven health benefits. If you are eating a balanced diet then you also don't need the other vitamin and minerals supplements. Stick to natural foods they are still our best bet in the long run.

1
Posted by: Information | 2007/03/13

Diet doc, go to www dot herbalife dot com. click on OUR PRODUCTS click on Targeted Nutrition and on the relevant product, then click on Product Label, there you can see all ingredients in these products

Reply to Information