Question
Posted by: Kay | 2007/02/12

Sores on hands and feet

My maid has sores on the outside of her hands and her feet, she has not said anytthing about sores in the mouth, so I do not think it is hand, foot and mouth disease. The sores look like they are healing, also her ankles are quite swollen. Sometimes she suffers from athritis in the hands. What do you think it is and is she contagious. What medicine should I get for her?

Dear Kay
It is almost impossible to tell like this - could be staph infections or even syphylis - rather let a GP have a proper look please. The swollen ankles could be a sign of kidney or heart problems. (Syphylis can also cause artritis by the way)