Question
Posted by: gogga | 2004/11/04

sores around nose

I have tiny sores on the outside of my nose. Its been going on for a few months now, coming and going. What could this be?

Gogga, I’m sorry I took so long to answer your question, but it has been a rough week. It sounds like it might be due to a superficial skin infection called impetigo. It sounds like you’re strong enough to prevent it from getting out of hand, but not strong enough to get rid of it completely. The best would be to get something like Bactroban® and apply it twice a day for a week (also inside the nose). If it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see a doctor. Good luck.