Question
Posted by: CPT lassie | 2007/03/05

Sore Wrist - 2months later

I have had a sore wrist for the past 2 months and I'm not sure what to do next.
I suspect I strained the left wrist when I attempted a new tricep exercise (with dumbbells) at gym in the first week of Jan07.
Wrist painful when I put pressure on (i.e. body weight, carrying laptop bag, etc)
It was quite painful and then I did a 5-day Voltaren course (resting wrist). I waited another week and when it didn't improve I went to physio twice. The wrist wasn't responding to treatment and the physio wasn't sure what was actually wrong. She did eliminate carpal tunnel syndrome though.
I went on another 5-day course of Voltaren (last week of Jan07) and then rested the wrist for the rest of Feb.
My wrist has improved, but it still quite painful when bending it backward or when I put any weight on it.

Can this still be ligaments or what would the next step be? FYI - I haven't seen the doctor about the injury - he advised me over the phone to do the voltaren course & rest the wrist for 3 weeks.

Thanks!

Dear CPT Lassie
next step will be to see dr - maybe x/rays and or MR to see if you have developed a neuroma or ganglion in the wrist. Normal soft tissue injury would have been better by now.