Question
Posted by: Landa | 2007/02/21

Sore wrist

Hi Dr P

Now the other night I hit somebody with my left hand (my weak hand) in the stomach (karate). It was so sore on impact. Now I'm struggling since then with my wrist. There is no swelling or redness. It's just this sharp pain. I can't put any weight on it. And sometimes when I move my hand, it feels like it's clicking. My whole hand gets this "spasm" kind of feeling. Is there anything I can do without going to the Dr? It's especially sore when I bent it back a little. It's this stabbing pain and then my whole hand hurts.

Please advice what to do...

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Landa

A couple of possibilities:

In the wrist one has little bones called carpal bones.(And there are rude mnemonics to remember them ..)
It is possible that you could have dislocated them or broken a ligament attaching one or two. It needs an Xray.

A tendinitis. This is an inflammation of the tendons connecting muscles to bones.

DR P