Question
Posted by: Jaco Nel | 2002/12/18

Sore upper back and muscles on the right

For a few days now I have a problem with my upper back. The pain is mostly on the right side in the shoulder and sometimes moving into my upper arm making it very sore and sensitive it also moves in to neck making it very hard to look around. Can you please advice on what the problem may be and some advise on preventing or treating the pain. This make sleeping also very hard due to the fact that I can't get into a position and stay there. I had a back problem when I was younger with my back growing to the right side of the body but has sinse recovered. I am now 25 and the back problem started when I was only 13.

Jaco Nel

Jaco, I can’t say for sure what the problem is without being able to examine you, but it sounds like a back muscle spasm to me. The best would be to take an anti-inflammatory drug like Arthrotec®, Brufen®, Celebrex®, etc. If it doesn’t clear up within 3days you can go for physiotherapy or see your doctor. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Old Hand | 2002/12/18

To treat the pain, use "MyPaid" capsules, without perscription from your chemist.

I think your pain may come from a draft on your shoulder and neck (right hand side) from possibly driving with an open window. Try driving with your windows closed and see if this helps. Maybe you are also sitting in a position at work with an airconditioning vent directed towards your righthand upper torso: simple cure ... move away or re-direct the vent.

I dont think your current problem has its roots in your growing pains as a teenager.

Drink lots of water.

Reply to Old Hand