Question
Posted by: Voula | 2004/11/20

sore upper and lower back

Dear Doctor

I have very bad tension. My neck muscles are incredibly sore. Every time I get stressed out either my neck or lower back start to hurt. I've been to the doctor for voltaron injections and tablets. I also went for phsiotherapy but the problem keeps returning. What should I do?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Voula

The best I can offer you is to look at what is stressing you and how you can start to take back control in your world. If you can reduce the stress your body will start to feel stronger.

An easy place to start is to take deep breathes. If you can get yourself into a gentle exercise class that would do wonders too.

Douglas