Question
Posted by: YellowBear | 2005/07/12

Sore tooth/teeth.... WHAT IS THIS BABY DOING TO ME????

hello

my whole right side feels like i have the world's biggest cavity. now gynae did an initial examination of my teeth and he can't find a single cavity or anything but i'm telling you i did not sleep last night.

he has now referred me to a dentist. but says its quite common with preggies ladies.

my question is , what is baby doing to me that causes my teeth to be sore? i cant even pin point which one is sore cos the whole damn side feels like its been shot!!

I hope that the other respondents have answered your question.

5
Posted by: Foxy | 2005/07/12

I'm only23 weeks and have already a broken tooth!! I read that during pregnancy you loose a tooth or 2, as the baby is taking all the necessary calcium it can find. I'm currently on Pregnavit as well as calcuim tablets, just in case.

Reply to Foxy
Posted by: YellowBear | 2005/07/12

Hey Flower

Gynae did tell me that it was common, i just didnt get to ask him why cos i was almost rolling on the floor in pain!! lool!!

i suppose i'll have to start taking extra calcium on top of my multivitamins.

many thanks

Reply to YellowBear
Posted by: flower | 2005/07/12

its very common, the baby is using all your vitamins ect. What frightens me is that your gynae didnt know that.... now thats scary, because it is very, very common.

Reply to flower
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/12

My sister-in-law's tooth chipped quite badly so it's quite common. My gynae explained that the baby draws out all the nutrients and vitamins from your body. So, baby is always fine, but if you don't take a good pregnancy multivitamin, your body will suffer. It's never to late to start.

Reply to Tina
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/12

I had the exact same thing happen to me in my first trimester. LO must be depleting your body of much needed minerals ... hope ur on a good multivitamin.

Reply to PARIS