Question
Posted by: Karen | 2007/08/26

Sore tongue

I seem to have a sensitive tongue at the moment, yesterday we went for a braai and I ate quite a lot of the salad with a mild balsamic vinegar dressing, while eating I could feel my tongue felt swollen on the one side, after eating I went to look and under my tongue to the side was a HUGE blood blister ! why would I get that, nothing hurt my tongue, impossible to bite that part of the tongue ??? was a bit concerned, the blister has gone today but it is sore.

Dear Karen

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I do not think that there is a pathological reason for the blood blister on your tongue and sensitivity. It is quite possible that you bit your tongue while sleeping etc. Luckily the tongue heals very quickly and your symptoms should be away by tomorrow. If the symptoms persists for more than 3 days, I suggest that you consult your GP.

Kind regards