Question
Posted by: SORE TOE | 2007/03/28

SORE TOE

HI DOC,

I HAVE GOT A PROBLEM WITH MY TOE (RIGHT FOOT - BIG TOE). ABOUT FOUR YEARS AGO I HURT IT PLAYING A SOCCER GAME AND ALTHOUGH IT HURT FOR A WHILE IT WENT AWAY. I THEN HURT IT ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO AGAIN IN A SOCCER GAME AND FOR SOME REASON IT JUST WON'T STOP HURTING. I ACTUALLY WENT TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM ONE DAY CAUSE I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN AND THOUGHT THAT THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING WRONG. THE DOCTOR TOOK X-RAYS AND SAID IT WASNT BROKEN AND THAT THE RADIOLOGY DEPT WAS CLOSED SO TO TAKE ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES AND IT SHOULD GO AWAY. WELL IT HASNT AND THE OTHER DAY I WENT TO THE GP FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND HE THEN ALSO LOOKED AT MY TOE AND SAID IT WAS A BUNION AND THAT I SHOULD JUST WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES. I FIND THIS VERY HARD TO SWALLOW SINCE I CANNOT / DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT A BUNION WILL CAUSE SO MUCH PAIN AND THAT I CANT REALLY BEND MY TOE CAUSE IT IS SORE. IT FEELS LIKE A SPRAIN OR SOMETHING. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Expert ImageArchive

Sorry for the delay in responding I was O`seas
A bunion can cause marked pain, I suggest a trip to either a podiatrist, or a foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon for more comprehensive advice