Question
Posted by: DM | 2007/06/02

sore throat and earache

I've had a slight sore throat for just over a week now. Didn't worry about it much because it wasn't too bad, and I know they usually just get better on their own. But a few days ago (about 2 or 3 days after the sore throat) I woke up with earache as well. I dutifully headed off to the doctor, who prescribed Zithromax (3 tablets) and told me the sore ear was probably just a transferred pain from my infected adenoids. But the antibiotics were finished yesterday, and the sore throat and earache are still there. Although neither is giving me any kind of huge pain (they weren't that bad in the first place anyway), it's still worrying me. The throat is sore on swallowing, and the ear feels very stuffy, which a corresponding "dampening" of sound. When I swallow the ear pains. So, should I just view this as a side-effect of the flu or whatever-it-is that's making my throat sore, or should I be a bit more worried and go see the doctor again?

Dear DM
The sore throat ( which probably came from a viral infection) probably caused the eustacian tube to swell and block ( see picture:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eustachian_tube )

try spraying Drixine in your nose every 12 hours and spraying Andolex in your throat?