Question

SORE "THROAT"

I woke up on saturday morning with a strange painful feeling in my throat. it is definitely not your usual sore, scratchy throat and i am finding it difficult to try and explain the symptoms. my glands are not swollen either, but it feels as if somebody has choked me and now my throat is bruised? when i push dead centre on my "adams apple" (not that girls have one - or do they?), and when i swallow, it is painful? what could this possibly be. could it be that i slept skew and have stretched my throat muscles or what? please help

Anon, it might still be a throat infection or just inflammation of some of the structures in the neck. You can try taking an anti-inflammatory like Voltaren® for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.