Question
Posted by: Girly | 2004/03/12

Sore throat

I had tonselitis (sorry 4 spelling) in January this year and in the beginning of this month it started again. And as soon as it started I went to the doctor, again. So, he told me that i should just gargle salt water, eventhough he gave me the antibiotics. I still have it. It never went away. And i tried the saltwater it only relieved the soreness for a day or two. Do you suggest i go back to him?

Girly, it might be that he gave you the wrong antibiotic or the correct one, but for too short a time. The best would be to see a doctor and have it sorted out. If you suffer from tonsillitis more than 3 times a year for 2 or more years in a row, the best would be to see an ENT specialist and have them removed. Good luck.