Question
Posted by: RM | 2004/11/19

Sore ribs!

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and feel like my ribs are broken. They're ok during the day but at night I can only sleep on my right side because of the pain in my ribs on the left. Yesterday I felt it on my right as well. Has anyone experienced something similar? Should I worry?

You had better have it checked by your doctor. Chest pain is not normal in pregnancy and could be an indication of an underlying problem.

1
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/19

No, but I have this terrible hip pains at night when I am sleeping. I am waking up because of the pain and then have to move over to my other side. I am 26 weeks and really struggle with this pain.

I think your baby has moved higher up and maybe are kicking you there. I had terrible rib pain with my first child but only from 34 weeks on, (he did not turn and his head was underneath my ribs.

If it gets worse, rather phone your doctor. I am seeing my one on the 29th and will ask her for advice on my hips.

Reply to Francis