Posted by: Belinda | 2008/09/20

Sore on my face

About 3 weeks ago I developed a little tear/sore in the corner of my mouth between the upper and lower lip. This has now become a big ugly sore - about the size of a 50c piece. It is painful and itchy (but not tinlgy like a fever blister) with two smaller sores just above and below. This is what I have tried :

Annique' s rescue creme
Skin Calm cortisone cream

The ugly sore has been there for a week and I am not really seeing an improvement. I also have small ulcers on my tongue and pallete. Since this outbreak I have started to use Centrum. I am not under particular stress or run down, but these sores and a cut on my finger seem to just not heal. I am 36 and healthy, dont smoke or drink, get enough sleep etc

Can you please help me.

Dear Belinda

Thank you for visiting

It is possible that you have Candida in your mouth. It therefore, suggest that you apply Daktarin Oral Gel to the ulcers, as well as Nystacid Suspension, 2ml three times a day, after meals for at least a period of ten days.

I also recommend that you consult a GP to have blood test done, to determine your immune status.

Kind regards