Question
Posted by: concerned | 2007/07/30

sore nipples

My girlfriend is complainig about her nipples being sore. She is on the pill and not pregnant. I know that they get sore before she has her period also. She is not menstruating at the moment and her nipples are sore again. Could someone please give me some insight as to what could be the cause of this problem.

Dear Concerned

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

If there is no sign of infection, i.e. redness, inflammation or swelling of the nipples, she could just have sensitive nipples, due to hormonal changes. If the condition persists or if there is a sign of infection, consult your GP for an examination.

Kind regards