Posted by: TD | 2008/10/08

Sore muscles.

I am under a lot of pressure and stress. Can it be the cause of the pain in my upper arms (biceps) and lower arms? It also starts now in my upper legs. The muscles are in constant pain and having difficulty in using my arms or lifting up to shoulder height. It is sore when I rub the muscles.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello TD,
High levels of prolonged stress effect many systems within the body including the nervous system which in turn has an affect on increasing muscle tension. The other effects of longterm stress are numerous.
Try the following:
Ensure you drink 8 glasses of water per day, eliminate caffiene. Get sufficient sleep and ensure you have good posture especially when sitting.
For a proper evaluation and treatment I would advise you to see your nearest osteopath. For more information on osteopathy visit

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath