Posted by: Mel | 2009/07/27

Sore muscle or joints

Hey Doc,

I have this problem which I' m not sure as to what it can be, I' m 29 relatively fit I' m in good health but the thing is when I' m active I get this pain in my joint' s, It was only my hips but for the last few weeks it’ s in my elbows too, it' s a kind of lame uncomfortable pain, in actual fact it' s hard to explained how it feels, it' s not like that at all times, and I feel it the worst at night and when it' s cold... Do you maybe have any advice on what I can take to maybe ease the discomfort?
When I was still in school I use to suffer from it too, when I did sport like netball or something I would get the same type of pain in my shins, I think it might be in the family, my granny suffers from it, my older brother and now his little daughter to.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Mel
You can use any anti-inflammatory like Neurofen or Voltaren. It may help to put a heat pack on the joint when painful. You could maybe also take some Calcium and Magnesium supplements and see if this helps? If the joints are swollen, red or stiff, you need to have x/rays taken and your doctor should do some blood tests to test for arthritis.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.